Sicily: Trekking with Aperitif at Cava d’Ispica
The Cava Ispica (Cave of Ispica) consists of a series of housing units carved in rocky formations. Built prior to the Greek colonization, these houses were used until the end of the nineteenth century. This cave, the most important in Eastern Sicily, is 13 kilometres (8 mi) long and is divided among two other comunes, Modica and Rosolini.
Taste typical products of “Iblei”, after a trek in the Cava d’Ispica, in the province of Ragusa.
• Immerse yourself in the green canyon that connects the outskirts of Modica Ispica:
• Take in the cliff dwellings and Castle Sican:
• Taste the typical products in the comfortable refuge:
Duration: 4 hours
Guide: English, French, Italian
It will be possible to join nature to food, history to the path, you will do a light trekking of about 4 km by visiting the necropolis of Cava d’Ispica, full of cave dwellings that cross a wide space of time, you will see the castle to house Sican several floors, unique.
Admire the variety of fruit trees, plants and flowers of various kinds, then you will come to our shelter where you will taste quality products chosen for you, with wine typical of the area of Cerasuolo di Vittoria, with the presence of a sommelier, you can relax at the shelter in the unique landscape where time seems to stand still.
After an aperitif will be driven back to the starting through another part of the quarry by our guides.
• Aperitif with typical iblei and wine Nero d’Avola;
• Service guides;
• Insurance daily;
• Any fee for pickup and return to accommodation;
• Recommended comfortable clothes and walking shoes;
• During the summer, sunscreen and wide-brimmed hat;
• Carry a kway;
• No sandals and flip-flops;
• For special requests also food to do at the time of booking;
COSTS: please contact organization siciliaincammino.com
Giovanni Carbone: 339.6962855
Nanni Di Falco: 339.1864479
Wineries in the surroundings: cantina Valle dell’Acate